Ardoch Schools

Section School(S.S.)#1

- About/History

The original, a log school, was located on the east side of the Frontenac Road where the hydro line crosses the road about a quarter of a mile south of Swamp Creek. It was in operation in 1867. In 1868 the teacher was Emily Knowlton. The log school was replaced in 1898 by a frame school about three quarters of a mile south of the original school and on the opposite side of the road. This school was built by Frank Gorr and is now a private residence. The original school was converted to a blacksmith shop by Wm Hermer and used for several years.

- Gallery

Section School(S.S.)#3

- About/History

The original section school was a log school along the Frontenac Road about a mile south of Ardoch. It was operating in 1867 but no teacher was reported for 1868 and it was abandoned. A new frame school house was built on the Smith Road immediately west of the Frontenac Road and is now a private residence.

- Gallery